Usb Bandwith controller exceeded....

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
dominik karkowski

Usb Bandwith controller exceeded....

Post by dominik karkowski »

hi guys, I am trying to connect a negative scanner to my windows xp virtual machine... Im running it off my 2013 MacBook Pro, which has usb 2.0
I attached a screenshot.... is there a fix for this? thanks!
Attachments
Schermafbeelding 2021-08-05 om 12.00.20.png
Schermafbeelding 2021-08-05 om 12.00.20.png (70.5 KiB) Viewed 2113 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Usb Bandwith controller exceeded....

Post by mpack »

I assume it's a USB3 device? I can't think of another reason why it would be asking for more bandwidth than the USB2 spec allows.

Do you have some reason to believe that this device is supposed to work in XP, or are you just making use an XP license you had available?

Enabling USB3 support in XP is tricky but possible. See USB 3.0 support in XP guests.

Another thought occurs: you installed the extension pack, right? Without that you don't even have support for USB2, you'd be limited to USB 1.1 speeds.
dominik karkowski

Post by dominik karkowski »

mpack wrote:I assume it's a USB3 device? I can't think of another reason why it would be asking for more bandwidth than the USB2 spec allows.

Do you have some reason to believe that this device is supposed to work in XP, or are you just making use an XP license you had available?

Enabling USB3 support in XP is tricky but possible. See USB 3.0 support in XP guests.

No the device itself is usb 2.0 I believe, maybe 1.0. It only works in XP, that’s why I’m using it…. I don’t get it either
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

I added a question about the extension pack to my previous post.