Can't connect to VPN PPTP

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
andrei14921

Can't connect to VPN PPTP

Post by andrei14921 »

My PC is Macbook Pro with MAC BIG SUR instaled and on virtualbox I have installed windows 10 PRO and I get the error "THE VPN connection between your computer and the VPN server could not be completed"
I don't know why, I was looking on all forums discussion and not found a solution.
Please help
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 12.27.46.png
Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 12.27.46.png (58.64 KiB) Viewed 2011 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Can't connect to VPN PPTP

Post by scottgus1 »

Do you have internet in the VM? Can you browse to websites while the VPN is off?
andrei14921

Post by andrei14921 »

scottgus1 wrote:Do you have internet in the VM? Can you browse to websites while the VPN is off?
Yes, I have internet, it's working perfect, i can browse websites, download ,everything. On VirtualBox in network, I have a nat connection, on many forums they wrote to change it in bridge connection, but on bridge connection the internet it's not working.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

If you have normal internet in the VM then there is nothing that I know of in Virtualbox that would allow internet but block a VPN. I have read that NAT should work for a VPN inside the VM. Bridged also, although Bridged does not always work with Wi-Fi. See Virtualbox Networks: In Pictures: Bridged Adapter.

However, it could be rejected by the VPN server setup. One forum poster wanted the VPN running in the VM and checked if this was allowed, and the bosses said no.

If you are trying to connect to a VPN that carries some consequences to your employment or freedom if you do it wrong, you might want to check if your desired connection is allowed.

So far I don't see anything blocking this in Virtualbox.
andrei14921

Post by andrei14921 »

scottgus1 wrote:If you have normal internet in the VM then there is nothing that I know of in Virtualbox that would allow internet but block a VPN. I have read that NAT should work for a VPN inside the VM. Bridged also, although Bridged does not always work with Wi-Fi. See Virtualbox Networks: In Pictures: Bridged Adapter.

However, it could be rejected by the VPN server setup. One forum poster wanted the VPN running in the VM and checked if this was allowed, and the bosses said no.

If you are trying to connect to a VPN that carries some consequences to your employment or freedom if you do it wrong, you might want to check if your desired connection is allowed.

So far I don't see anything blocking this in Virtualbox.
I have installed Parallel Desktop and the VPN it's working, only on virtualbox it's not working, this is very strange.