problem with mssql

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
bensz

problem with mssql

Post by bensz »

Hello,
I have 2 computers, a netbook, that I use usually and a laptop, that I don't use a lot.
My netbook works with ubuntu 20.04 and the last stable version of VB. My laptop works with ubuntu 18.04 with the last version 5 VB.
I use win 7 64bits VM on my netbook for a lot of time and everything works fine.
For about 2 or 3 weeks, a program which use mssql 2012 doesn't work because mssql can't start. So I want to create a new empty VM and install the software and mssql. The problem is every time, the installation failed during installation of the mssql engine. I tried with downloading win 10 from microsoft web site, same problem.
Finally I install the software in a win7 vm on my old laptop, everything works fine. I export the VM, import on my netbook, and mssql stops working.
I don't find the origin of the problem, so thanks for ideas.
Benoit
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: problem with mssql

Post by scottgus1 »

For the working VM and the failing VM, Start the VM from full power off, not save-state. Run until you see the software work successfully or fail, then shut down the VM from within the VM OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Please right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log, zip the log file, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.
bensz

Re: problem with mssql

Post by bensz »

Hello,
Thanks for your reply.
I saw the log, but i don't find anything interesting. Hope you'll be better than me.
Benoit
Attachments
win7 lognet-2021-03-23-21-43-48.zip
(31.81 KiB) Downloaded 13 times