Windows 10 Color Correction

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
keywild

Windows 10 Color Correction

Post by keywild »

The primary reason I have VirtualBox installed and the ONLY reason I have DAMNED WINDOWS 10 installed is to run a few applications will not run under Linux. My real problem child is Adobe Photoshop Elements. Windows 10 uses something called Monitor color profiles and those can not be adjusted. Likewise there is nothing in VirtualBox to adjust the profile. That includes such simple things as brightness and contrast but also extends to Gamma corrections as well.

The colors are so bad under Vbox Windows 10 that Adobe Photoshop Elements is useless ... that pretty much makes VirtualBox a lot less useful as well.

This picture is displayed properly under LinuX Mint but in VBOX Windows it is extremely dark.
color card A6000.JPG
color card A6000.JPG (122.95 KiB) Viewed 1971 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Windows 10 Color Correction

Post by mpack »

I don't understand what you expect. VirtualBox doesn't actually emit light (the host OS and host monitor does that), so color balance is not relevant to it. VirtualBox is just an app running on the host.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Virtualbox does not contain any color-changing commands or settings. Windows does, though, as well as Adobe.

In Windows' color correction settings (web-search where these are) reset everything to default no-correction settings.

If that does not fix the problem, please show a side-by-side host screenshot view of the same picture displayed simultaneously in the host picture viewer and the Windows VM's Paint program. (Note, don't show the VM's picture in Adobe, this will make sure that any of Adobe's color correction is not involved in the display in the VM.) Please use a safe-for-children picture.

If the screenshot is too big and cannot be cropped/resized due to forum 128kB size limits and still show both host viewer and VM Paint in the same screenshot, please upload the screenshot to a Dropbox/GoogleDrive/OneDrive/etc and post the sharing link. You may put the link in a text file and use Upload Attachment to upload the text file like you did your screenshot above, if the forum complains about first-day link limitations.
Surneve56

Post by Surneve56 »

Thank you very much for the information, it really can help specifically, very useful, respect. I just started to create a new logo design for the guys who are engaged in baking, so now it will definitely be possible to coordinate the color scheme so that everyone is happy
Last edited by scottgus1 on 18. May 2022, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote of entire post