VIRTUALIZACION DE WINDOWS 7

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
VBXCAN

VIRTUALIZACION DE WINDOWS 7

Post by VBXCAN »

I have a pc with windows 7 sp1 64bits installed. I have virtualized it with Disk2vhd and installed it in a Virtualbox virtual machine within that same computer. And it happens that when launching the virtual machine and starting to boot the w7 it gives a blue screen. And the same thing happens if I take that VHD file to another virtual box virtual machine and a different PC. I have tried to exchange other iso images installed on the computers between the PCs and they work perfectly.

Tengo un pc con windows 7 sp1 64bits instalado. Lo he virtualizado con Disk2vhd e instalado en una máquina virtual de Virtualbox dentro de ese mismo equipo. Y ocurre que al lanzar la máquina virtual y empezar a arrancar el w7 da pantallazo azul. y lo mismo ocurre si me llevo ese fichero VHD a otroa máquina virtual de virtual box e otro pc diferente. He probado a intercambiar entre los pc otras imagenes iso instaladas en lo s equipos y funcionan perfectamente.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: VIRTUALIZACION DE WINDOWS 7

Post by mpack »

VBXCAN wrote:when launching the virtual machine and starting to boot the w7 it gives a blue screen
There will be an error code on the blue screen, you need to tell us what it is.

A common error would be for the Windows 7 disk image to be referring to a disk controller that has not been included in the VM recipe. The normal solution is to remove any SATA controllers and replace with an IDE controller, attaching the VDI to that. Later on (if you care about best possible performance) you can install the Intel SATA drivers and then revert the VDI to a SATA controller.

We will also need to see a zipped VM log if you wish to continue this conversation, this may prove that the error is in fact something else. Make sure the VM is fully shut down, then right click it in the manager UI. Select "Show Log" and save "VBox.log" (no other file) to a zip file. Attach the zip here.