Can't install Windows 11. Says does not meet minimum sys requirements?

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
davidortenn79

Can't install Windows 11. Says does not meet minimum sys requirements?

Post by davidortenn79 »

I just bought a new PC. It has an Intel i9 9th gen, 1 GB of ram and 1 TB NVME SSD. I installed Linux Mint as my main OS. I installed Virtual Box and trying to install Windows 11. I setup the VM to have two processors, 8 GB of RAM, and an 80 GB hard drive that I told it to allocate the whole space up front. I searched the web. It says to make sure TPM is on. I checked my computer's BIOS and it is on. Also virtualization is on. Any ideas?
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Can't install Windows 11. Says does not meet minimum sys requirements?

Post by mpack »

I don't think we need to have another discussion on this. Search the forums.
multiOS
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: WIN11,10, 7, Linux (various)

Re: Can't install Windows 11. Says does not meet minimum sys requirements?

Post by multiOS »

@davidortenn79

Yes, your Host Computer probably does have TPM, but the Virtual Machine you are trying to create doesn't as Windows 11 is not fully supported by VirtualBox 6.1.xx, so you need to apply the same published workarounds for a Windows 11 install that you would with Hardware that does not meet the minimum Microsoft Spec to get the installation to work.

Alternatively, you could:

- try creating a modified the Windows 11 ISO to eliminate the hardware checks see: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=107198
- try the latest VirtualBox 7 Beta which does have support Windows 11, but is obviously still being tested - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=107088