Windows 10 Host with Win 10 guests and Logitec MX Keys keyboard

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.

Windows 10 Host with Win 10 guests and Logitec MX Keys keyboard

Postby Mudoch » 4. Dec 2021, 20:12

I just wanted to post this so others might have a current bit of info.

I just spent the better part of two days moving my System from a Dell Laptop to a Dell Desktop, Installed VB 6.1.30 r148432, Extension pak, and updated my guest extension to 6.1.30 on all guest OSs too. Thought all was well. Then I went to debug some code I'm writing, and the standard F-keys did not work in the guest. I was able to confirm this was the same across all 9 guest OSs, a mix of win 7, 10, & 2016 servers. Dug through posts here and the Host forum. Uninstalled/re-installed all VB extensions and VB itself. No change, I tried to use a wired keyboard and it at first failed then started to work, so then I looked at my MX keys found that Logitech now installs another app called Bolt as well as Options app. Removed Bolt, no change.

Opened Options and MX keys has a check box for 'Use F1 - F12 as standard function keys' on the first screen, I checked this option and it corrected the F-Keys issue after I pressed the F-key (F11) multiple times within the guest and now works as it has always worked.

I just wanted others to have a current account of this Logitech induced challenge
Mudoch

Return to Windows Guests