Can't create

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
jameshoty

Can't create

Post by jameshoty »

I was very happy for about two months using Virtual Box but today I did something stupid and more stupid things that follow and now I am completely out of control of the situation.

Background information
-----------------------------
I am a Mac user but due to the nature of the work, I have to use Windows for some development work. I install Virtual Box (VB) and downloaded the VM for Windows 7. And because I am working on iMac at home and MacBook at work, so I decided to move the VM onto my external HDD. It works so gracefully for the last two months when I boot the Windows on both my iMac and Macbook using VB. I did not document how I manage to setup on the external HDD and I thought it is quite straight forward.

Today I made backup of the entire folder (ext. HDD> PM5>) to my iMac local HDD. After the backup was completed, I think I did some stupid thing like trying to rename the VM and I was also trying to move the VM from the local HDD of my Macbook to this external HDD (this is so I can access that VM from my iMac as well as from another PC). Then I began to experience error and more error.

Now, I am not able to start. The windows keep trying to repair and fail. I put back the original and it is still not working. Perhaps I really don't know how Virtual Box operates!

Kindly advise the necessary. Thank you.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Can't create

Post by socratis »

I'm honestly trying to make sense of your message. I failed...

"Can't create" What does that even mean?

Then you go on a rumbling of "I did something", "I can't remember", "I didn't take notes", "Please help!".

We can't. Not like that...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.