Software 'mt4' does not get installed on a Win7 guest

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Dhananjaya

Software 'mt4' does not get installed on a Win7 guest

Post by Dhananjaya »

I installed win7 guest OS in virtual box on a win 10 host OS and then I installed a software 'mt4' by downloading from internet on virtual box win7, but the software didn't run and shown a message to check the solution on the internet. I have already tried to run the software on virtual box with win7 guest OS on different computers. Will you please find the issue and solution?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Software 'mt4' does not get installed on a Win7 guest

Post by socratis »

I split your message from the thread "[VBoxVmService] -> Discussion & Support". Your problem has absolutely nothing to do with it. Next time, please either find an appropriate thread, or open a new one, it's easy...

What's "mt4" (do you have a link?) and why do you think that this is a VirtualBox problem, and not a problem with your Win7 installation?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Dhananjaya

Post by Dhananjaya »

Thank for the consideration.. it's not a problem with the win7 because the software 'mt4' was running on a win 7 host OS pretty well and for the more information I want to tell that I have already tried to run MT4 on virtual box on different computers but I encountered with the same message and the software didn't run, while I have already installed guest edition. Yeah I am a new user for virtual box, so I may be wrong somewhere and looking here for the help..
I registered today in this forum.. But anyone can download this software it's available on many websites. Please prefer it's official website.. You can also check for MT5 it's not running too..
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

1. You never actually told me what MT4 (or MT5) is. You got to let me know what it is, and where to download it.
  2. Not every program will run in a VM. Some actually refuse to run inside a VM, maybe "MT4" is one of these programs, but unless you tell me what it is, I can't confirm or deny that.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Dhananjaya

Post by Dhananjaya »

Hi again,
MT4 or MT5 is a financial software and you can download it on metatrader4.
*This software runs inside vmware workstation.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I downloaded from https://www.metatrader4.com/en, it installed just fine. We're going to need a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run:
  • Gather the necessary information:
    1. Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state).
    2. Observe the error, i.e. try to install MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5.
    3. Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
BTW, just because an OS/program that runs in the context of VirtualBox has a problem, it doesn't make it a VirtualBox problem necessarily. You may be having an issue that has most probably nothing to do with VirtualBox, so my suggestion would be to treat it as such, as a native problem with the OS or the application of the guest.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Most likely the software was installed for a different user.

VirtualBox has no knowledge of guest filesystems, guest programs or guest OS user accounts, so I doubt we'll be able to tell much from the logs.
Dhananjaya

Post by Dhananjaya »

win7-2018-06-25-01-57-11.zip
Log file
(22.07 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Thanks both of you for finding some time to answer the issues..
I am sending the log file and I did as you said, first I started guest OS win7 (cold boot), later I uninstalled the software and installed that again and clicked on that to open and then I shut down the win 7 and then I closed the virtual box and later I started virtual box and then I started win 7 and then I clicked on the software and waited for the start but it didn't start so I shut down the win 7 and clicked on the win7 and then clicked on logs and I saved the first log. Now I am sending that within a zip file. Now I type the correct link for the software: https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/fbs.i ... 4setup.exe
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

win7-2018-06-25-01-57-11.log wrote:
00:00:06.588216 GUI: 2D video acceleration is disabled
00:00:04.445652 VRamSize <integer> = 0x0000000001200000 (18 874 368, 18 MB)
00:00:04.446045 HM: HMR3Init: Falling back to raw-mode: VT-x is not available
00:00:06.067326 Full Name: "Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5870  @ 2.00GHz"
Change these following settings in the VM Settings » Display:
  • Enable 2D/3D acceleration.
  • Increase the VRAM to 128 or 256 MB.
Even with those changes you might not be able to run that program. It's actually a small miracle that your computer can run a Win7 VM given the fact that it has a non-VTx enabled CPU, the Core2 Duo T5870.
Dhananjaya

Post by Dhananjaya »

Thanks for the information. It means after enabling these settings in VM, the software will run in the virtual box (on vt-x cpu; above i5)..
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I'm not sure if it's the VT-x or not, can't really try it, all of my hosts have VT-x. Did you try the Display settings to see if they made a difference or not?
Dhananjaya

Post by Dhananjaya »

I tried with both the settings 2d, 3d acceleration and 128 VRAM. But nothing happened later I tried with other changes in settings but nothing happened. It might be an issue with processor.
* Each time it says search the solution on internet.
jorgensen
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Windows, LinuxMint

Post by jorgensen »

It is the Internet connection that is the problem.
The exe file is only a loader, that will get the real installation program from the provider.