[WorksForMe] Windows 10 Guest no Network

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
gbo-sec

[WorksForMe] Windows 10 Guest no Network

Post by gbo-sec »

Hi @all,

I wanted to virtualize my Host (win10), so I created with disk2vhd a vhd file and imported it into my Kali Linux VirtualBox. Everythin went fine, but I can't see any Network-Card only the HostOnly is visible in Windows. My Linux Guests doesn't have this problem. I wanted to Bridge my wireless network into the windows machine. My VBOX Version is 5.2.12 r122591 (Qt5.9.2), I already installed the newest Guest-Additions but nothing is working...

Does someone have an idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks!
Last edited by socratis on 21. May 2018, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [WorksForMe].
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Windows 10 Guest no Network

Post by mpack »

You have told us very little about what you tried. E.g. does NAT work?
gbo-sec

Post by gbo-sec »

Hi,

NAT isn't working and Bridged isnt't working.. In Windows Control Panel there is no Network Adapter installed. Tried to Change from MT-Desktop to T-Server or MT-Server, but nothing happened. Reinstalled Vbox on Host and reinstalled Vbox guests in my guest.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

gbo-sec wrote:I wanted to Bridge my wireless network into the windows machine.
You will *not* see a wireless card in your guests. There is no WiFi inside a guest.
gbo-sec wrote:Tried to Change from MT-Desktop to T-Server or MT-Server, but nothing happened.
Do *not* change the defaults. Stick with the "Intel PRO/1000 MT Desktop". Selecting NAT is the easiest option.

Make the changes above, and if it doesn't work, we're going to need a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run:
  • Gathering the necessary information:
    1. Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state).
    2. Observe the error, i.e. go in the Networking and Sharing Center and look at your network adapters. Are they still missing?
    3. Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
gbo-sec

Post by gbo-sec »

Hey,

found the error... I looked into the device manager and there was something unknown, i clicked on install automatically and then I saw the network-card in the control panel and finally got Network... Don't know why Windows didn't manage to get in working automatically...

Thanks for your Support!!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

gbo-sec wrote:I looked into the device manager and there was something unknown
That's because you were experimenting with the network adapter types. Had you left it in the default, it would have been automatically recognized and gotten installed.

Glad you got it going, marking as [WorksForMe].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.