USB issues using VirtualBox.

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
EthanDoesSomething12

USB issues using VirtualBox.

Post by EthanDoesSomething12 »

Host system: Windows 10 64bit
Guest OS: Windows 10 64bit

Issue:
I’m trying to use my second mouse only for the guest os. I want to use the guest os as though it’s a different computer on my monitor, so for example there can be users on 2 OSes on 1 physical device. For some reason, it says unable to attach device because it’s busy. Why?? I’ve looked all over the forums and not a single solution worked for me. I’m running the latest version of VirtualBox ( version 5.2.8 ) and still issues. I tried a different version. No improvements.

Is there anyway to fix this or find another solution to what I’m trying to do (sorry for the bad grammar I’m super stressed about all this)...?

Thanks, if you need any more info just ask for it.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: USB issues using VirtualBox.

Post by socratis »

Please read the following thread: USB basics and troubleshooting, all of the posts.

Then you need to create a USB filter for your 2nd mouse and plug the 2nd mouse in your host, after the VM has started. See the above link for details on both procedures, and let me know if it works...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.