Postings relating to old VirtualBox pre-releases
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

[Fixed] VM Settings dialog does not list all the available IntNets

Post by socratis »

In your setup make sure that you have two or more Internal Networks (IntNets). If you go to the VM Settings (any VM) and you Attach your NIC to hte "Internal Network", the "Name" drop-down control contains only the "intnet" option, none of your other IntNets.

The problem is that if you open the VM Settings, and you "OK" them (you don't even have to touch the "Network" tab") anything attached to an IntNet, is going to automagically force-switch to "intnet".

However, if you click on that same network card in the Details pane (the new quick-set feature), you properly get all your IntNets, so that's a workaround (not really).

The output of the following command works as expected as well:
$ VBoxManage list intnets
Name:        VBoxIntNetwork    <-- that's mine
Name:        Whonix            <-- auto-created from an imported VM
Name:        intnet            <-- the default
Tested it on an OSX, a Win10-64 and a Mint19 host. Problem started with 6.1.0b1 r133315, the first beta. Problem does not exist in the latest VirtualBox-6.0.13-133612-OSX, nor VirtualBox-5.2.33-133613-OSX.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: VM Settings dialog does not list all the available IntNets

Post by socratis »

The issue has been [Fixed] with 6.1.0_BETA1 r133703, maybe earlier. Thanks everyone!
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.