uk-london-1 bucket

Postings relating to old VirtualBox pre-releases
stes

uk-london-1 bucket

Post by stes »

In OCI I can create a bucket in Region "uk-london-1" (choose Region uk-london-1 then I went to Object Storage -> Create Bucket). This is for the SRDY:UK-LONDON-1-AD-1 availability domain.

Due to location being close to London, I tested first with my "eu-frankfurt-1" (which is physically and by network far away) but it obviously still points to the "vboxbucket" in SRDY:EU-FRANKFURT-1-AD-1.

I try to define a second "Cloud Profile" in the VirtualBox "Cloud Profile Manager" with region set to uk-london-1 instead of eu-frankfurt-1

After filling out all values for "cloudlondon" and clicking Apply all fields are emptied (the values that I entered seem lost).

When inspecting .config/VirtualBox/oci_config it is indeed the case that it adds

[cloudlondon]
region=uk-london-1
region=

it seems a bug that it adds twice this "region=" keyword once with the value that I entered and once with an empty value.

Fixing in the editor "vi" the file and then exit VirtualBox GUI + restart GUI fixes the issue (the values are correct then).

Then when going to "Export Appliance" -> Format Cloud Infrastructure -> it uses a different terminology.

It talks about "account" instead of "cloud profile" (a different terminology)

For consistency in the "Cloud Profile Manager" the name should also be "account" or otherwise use a different name in the export (cloud profile name instead of 'account').

In any case after selecting the 'cloudlondon' profile it selects then (correctly) the vboxlondon bucket from OCI to upload the vm to SRDY:UK-LONDON-1-AD-1