RC1 Seamless gone on all guests

Postings relating to old VirtualBox pre-releases
bqbauer

RC1 Seamless gone on all guests

Post by bqbauer »

This happened with Beta3 as well. All guests I've tested can't go into seamless mode, unless I install 5.1.x additions. If I go back to VB Beta2 or v5.1 with their respective additions, the seamless option returns to the guests On Beta3 and RC1, seamless is grayed out and completely unavailable. On Ubuntu 16.04.3 Mate (an official distribution), I caught this error in the VM itself under Beta3:

VBoxClient: VBoxClient (seamless): failed to start. Stage: Setting guest IRQ filter mask Error: VERR_INTERNAL_ERROR

Incidentally, I've confirmed I have RC1 extensions installed, but the additions in all guests are identifying themselves as Beta3.

On Beta 1&2 in seamless mode, the VB toolbar would always hide behind the guest's toolbar if it were set to autohide. I've been unable to test the resolution of that bug since Beta3. Sorry--I've been unable to participate since I first reported it in this forum.

I've confirmed this seamless issue with the following guests: Ubuntu 17.04, 16.04.3-Mate, Windows 10, Solaris 11.3, Windows XP. On all, the host is Solaris 11.3. I'll add a bunch of logs.
Attachments
VBox.log.gz
Solaris 11.3
(31.45 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
VBox.log.gz
Ubuntu 16.04.3 Mate
(33.85 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
VBox.log.gz
Ubuntu 17.04
(28.98 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
bqbauer

Re: RC1 Seamless gone on all guests

Post by bqbauer »

More guest logs.
Attachments
VBox.log.gz
Windows XP
(24.79 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
VBox.log.gz
Windows 10
(21.69 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
bqb

Post by bqb »

I found the correct additions ISO on the download page, but still no seamless on any of my Ubuntu guests with the correct additions.

There have been no responses to this or my other related thread. Perhaps it's limited to Solaris 11 host builds.

At least Ubuntu Mate seamless should work as it always has, even if not with Unity which will die soon for new releases. But Mate is an official release that has worked with VB seamless until now.
michael
Oracle Corporation

Post by michael »

Could you please try the Additions from the test builds page[1]? Specifically the Guest Additions development snapshot?

[1] https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Testbuilds