VirtualBox Manager minimum vertical size is too large

Postings relating to old VirtualBox pre-releases
bqbauer

VirtualBox Manager minimum vertical size is too large

Post by bqbauer »

On Solaris 11.3, I can't resize the GUI vertically from the new large default. After the install of 5.2, it is now sized to display most of the VM attributes on the right side of the GUI. I'd like to size it much smaller as I could before 5.2 beta 1 and just have to scroll the windows as necessary, just as with previous versions.
Last edited by socratis on 10. Aug 2017, 01:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed title to something more appropriate.
burdi01
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Linux

Re: Can't resize VB Manager GUI vertically below a certain minumum

Post by burdi01 »

I see this on Linux (Ubuntu 16.04.3 64-bit and Slackware Current 64-bit) too.
:D
Last edited by burdi01 on 5. Aug 2017, 18:08, edited 4 times in total.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Can't resize VB Manager GUI

Post by socratis »

bqbauer wrote: it is now sized to display most of the VM attributes on the right side of the GUI.
Would you mind changing the title of the thread? It's completely misleading. You *can* resize the VirtualBox Manager. You simply can't resize it vertically beyond a minimum size, right? So, a more appropriate title would be: "VirtualBox Manager minimum vertical size is too large", or "is not small enough", or something similar. But definitely not "can't resize"...

For what it's worth, I always run it vertically maximized, I love to see all the details at a glance. But, that's my personal preference, not what everybody likes...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Dsen
Oracle Corporation

Post by Dsen »

I'll have a look what I can do but absolute minimum (as before) will not reachable. Still I will try to free some of space in both directions.
backes

Post by backes »

Same on Fedora26, x86_64
Dsen
Oracle Corporation

Post by Dsen »

Dsen wrote:I'll have a look what I can do but absolute minimum (as before) will not reachable. Still I will try to free some of space in both directions.
Will be a part of subsequent beta.