Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Sound lost on all OSX guests

Post by socratis »

Version 5.1.0_RC1 r108607
Host: OSX 10.9.5
Guest: Any OSX client.

All OSX clients show that there is no sound output with 5.1.0_RC1. Attached are two logs from a 10.9 client; the VBox.log is from 5.1.0_RC1 while the VBox.log.1 is from 5.0.24.

5.1.0_RC1 >>> Output: Digital Out, Input: Line in, Internal microphone.
5.0.24 >>> Output: Internal Speakers, Input: Line in, Internal microphone.
OSX10.9-LostSound.zip
(57.27 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
pentagonik
Oracle Corporation
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
Guest OSses: Too many to specify!

Re: Sound lost on all OSX guests

Post by pentagonik »

I'll have a look at this issue.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

It's still happening after 5.1 was released. I would like to know if this is been worked on (an acknowledgment would be OK) or if I should open a bug report. I don't want to, because you must have a lot on your plate, but if it means it would be better as a bug report so it won't be forgotten, I will.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
michaln
Oracle Corporation
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
Guest OSses: Any and all

Post by michaln »

Please create a bug for this.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

jorgensen
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Windows, LinuxMint

Post by jorgensen »

Same here with the new 5.1. release and Windows 8.1 host.
Turned out, the guest volume had to be turned up significant and unacceptable regulation.
Reverted to previous installed version.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

@jorgensen
Do you realize that you're walking on thin ice?
  1. Your description has nothing to do with the problem. There is no volume control, because there is no output device to begin with.
  2. The beta is over. There is no meaning to post anymore to this forum.
  3. You are using a Hacintosh. You've been in these forums for 7 years. You should have known better what is the reaction to posts that talk about Mac OS X guest on a Windows Host.
jorgensen
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Windows, LinuxMint

Post by jorgensen »

Agree!
Read about the new multichannel audio feature, and was hopping for something like VirtualCable.
Learned that this was not the case, and instead got severe problems with audio, and reverted to the previous VB version.
Tried to find a thread, and this was the only I could found, without starting a new thread which required a log file :?
Hopping version 6 will include enhanced audio feature to have DAWs running as guest - anyway with the new USB3 faeture, external USB audio units should make this possible.
Didn't noticed OSX in the thread, and only use the Mac guest for rare Mac support.