Mouse is off by x1.2 in OSX guests

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
michaln
Oracle Corporation
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Any and all

Re: Mouse is off by x1.2 in OSX guests

Post by michaln »

I don't think it's been worked on. Please create a bug with all the logs, this could be host specific in some way (I can't see any such problem).
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Rodneyt

Post by Rodneyt »

I'm having this same issue. Added my info to Socratis ticket.
Rodneyt

Post by Rodneyt »

Has this been corrected? I am still running 5.0.26, but I don't want to update until I know this has been fixed.

Thanks,

-Rodney
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

@Rodneyt
No, it hasn't as of 5.1.12. Post a comment in the ticket (https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/15610) and you'd be getting notification about any status changes. Also, if there had been a change, I would have updated this thread as well...

Moving this to OSX Hosts, since it applies not only to the betas...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Joncas

Post by Joncas »

I'm having the same problem with Virtualbox 5.1.14 under OS-X 10.11.6 host and Snow Leopard 10.6.8 Server guest.
Until this bug gets fixed, I found it helpful to go to the "Universal Access" settings in the system preferences of the guest and make the mouse cursor larger, that way one can at least tell very easily which of the two cursors belongs to the guest!
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Great! Now you gave them a workaround! They'll never fix it!!!
Just kidding... ;)

It's a good idea. It still looks ...ugly. Just wait till you see the spinning pizza wheel !!! :D
Rodneyt

Post by Rodneyt »

Is this EVER going to get fixed? I'm still running Version 5.0.26 and every new release I am getting further and further behind, but it is maddening to have dual cursors in the guest.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

@Rodneyt
Did you add a comment to the ticket? Please do.
vvhorus

Post by vvhorus »

I added a comment to the ticket.

I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 guest on a late 2013 MacPro with El Capitan 10.11.6 host using VirtualBox 5.0.34 r113845 without any double cursor issues. If I upgrade VB to anything newer than that, I get the double cursor issue.

Hope Oracle finds a solution to this!
ChipMcK
Volunteer
Guest OSses: Windows, OSX

Post by ChipMcK »

As with all things macOS in VirtualBox, this is of low priority.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

ChipMcK, as I mentioned in the related ticket, we have to collectively look for an answer. Find something that can be the cause of this, just like user 'itsatrap' found for ticket #16246, where you couldn't get click-throughs in seamless mode. That was a bug in Qt, he found it and the issue was fixed within a week. I feel we need to go hunting as well. And I also feel that this is a Qt bug, not a VirtualBox one...