Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

OSX dock icon set to app icon

Post by socratis »

Version 5.1.0_RC1 r108607
Host: OSX 10.9.5
Guest: All

On my OSX 10.9.5, all VM dock icons have switched from "Show Monitor Preview" to "Show Application Icon", so all you have is a generic icon, for all VMs. Furthermore, if you switch it back to "Show Application Icon", although it seems that this option is selected the behavior remains the same; generic icon.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: OSX dock icon set to app icon

Post by socratis »

It's still happening after 5.1 was released. I would like to know if this is been worked on (an acknowledgment would be OK) or if I should open a bug report. I don't want to, because you must have a lot on your plate, but if it means it would be better as a bug report so it won't be forgotten, I will.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.