Pause VM causes redraw issue for second virtual monitor

Postings relating to old VirtualBox pre-releases
VirtualBay

Pause VM causes redraw issue for second virtual monitor

Post by VirtualBay »

Hello,

I am using VirtualBox since a long time now...and I always used the following workflow: My Host System (Windows) is restarted daily, my virtual machine (Debian Linux) is sent to pause before.

I now decided to test 5.0RC2 and that broke this workflow. If the VM is newly booted everything works as expected. But if i pause the VM and wake it up again i encounter problems with the second virtual screen.
The screen is only redrawn/actualized when i focus the first monitor.
For example: I can focus the second monitor, write something, focus the first monitor -> click one time, and then the text i have written will appear on the second monitor.
As already mentioned, this happens only when the VM was sent to sleep/pause.

I already tried to disable the 3D acceleration (in VM settings) and restarted all virtualbox guest addition services within the VM without luck.
Is the problem already known and can someone reproduce it?

I would be really happy for a solution, restarting my VM and my Host OS is very time consuming at the moment .

Thanks a lot
best regards,
AMD1212 (with a new username because my password reset mail never appeared in my inboxes)
sunlover
Oracle Corporation

Re: Pause VM causes redraw issue for second virtual monitor

Post by sunlover »

Thanks for the report. This should be fixed in VirtualBox 5.0.0 RC3. Please test again when RC3 is available (soon).