You can download the binaries here.
Please do NOT open bug reports at http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Bugtracker but use our VirtualBox Beta Feedback forum to report any problems with the Beta. Please concentrate on reporting regressions since VirtualBox 3.2.12 / VirtualBox 4.0.0 Beta 1.
Note: As of version 4.0, VirtualBox introduces the Extension Pack mechanism which allows Oracle and 3rd parties to deliver additional functionality on top of the standard Open Source product. The Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack, adds support for USB 2.0, RDP server and the PXE bootloader with E1000 support.
You can download this Pack from the same location and install it via the VirtualBox Global Settings using the Extensions pane.
This is the second beta of the upcoming 4.0 release. The following items were added/fixed since VirtualBox 4.0.0 Beta 1:
- ExtPacks: show a confirmation dialog before installing an extpack
- ICH9 chipset: fix Windows detection of the 82801IB host bridge
- Linux hosts: fixed a wrong dependency to libstdc++5 in the Oracle ExtPack for 32-bit Linux which prevented to install that package on recent Linux distributions
- Solaris hosts: fixed a bug which prevented to install ExtPacks at all
- Linux/Solaris hosts: fixed the changelog in VirtualBox.chm (4.0 Beta 1 regression)
- Audio/HDA: fixed issue with Ubuntu 10.10 guests and OpenSolaris guests
- Audio/HDA: fixed choppy sound of Windows guests
- GUI: fixed display of the file shortcuts on some older Window Manager on X11
- 3D support: fixed XPDM Windows Explorer crashes on Windows Vista/Win7 guests
- 3D support: fixed Direct3D 8/9 support on Windows XP guests
- Mouse: fixed mouse reporting which was not working for X11 guests with pre-4.0 Additions (4.0 Beta 1 regression)
- Settings: use forward slashes in paths to make settings files more portable between Windows & other platforms
- VBoxManage: show exact image format variant with VBoxManage showhdinfo
- VBoxHeadless: detect VBoxSVC crash and terminate the VM cleanly
- SATA: fixed DVD detection with Solaris guests
- Linux Additions: fixed compilation of the kernel modules with DKMS (4.0 Beta 1 regression)
- VMDK: fixed image corruption with async I/O (4.0 Beta 1 regression)
- VBoxManage: fixed image resizing and the associated help text
- OVA: fix wrong size writing for individual files greater 4GB (max. 8GB now)
- X11 guests: multi-monitor support for X.Org Server 1.3+