Postings relating to old VirtualBox pre-releases
loukingjr
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: just about all that run

More Mouse/Scrolling issues

Post by loukingjr »

ok, running 3.1b3 on snow leopard 10.6.2. not only is text being selected on its own, but pages are scrolling much too fast. In one Linux distribution if I wasn't extremely careful, using the scroll wheel would actually make the page bounce up and down a few times. Is also now hard to pick say a bookmark from the drop down menus of various browsers, if you start to scroll down a list, it will actually pick a bookmark for you for you. I've had multiple copies/versions of multiple OS's and none did this before the 3.1 betas, despite someone here saying is normal and not much can be done about it. Now both Window's guests and all of my Linux guests do it.

I also couldn't get any consistant internet connection on any guest without switching to the bridged adapter setting. But that is for another post. Well, is in here already. ha

p.s. I have run a number of guests on VMware 3 and oddly they don't do it either.
OSX, Linux and Windows Hosts & Guests
There are three groups of people. Those that can count and those that can't.
loukingjr
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: just about all that run

Re: More Mouse/Scrolling issues

Post by loukingjr »

it seems the scrolling prefs for the Mac host have no effect at all on a guest. I don't know if this was true before 3.1b+ because I never had a scrolling issue before. I guess I won't scroll anymore using the scroll button.
OSX, Linux and Windows Hosts & Guests
There are three groups of people. Those that can count and those that can't.