Windows 11 22H2 experience

Temporary forum to discuss issues and problems during a VirtualBox Beta or Release Candidate phase.
birdie
Primary OS: Fedora other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux, other Unixes

Windows 11 22H2 experience

Post by birdie »

A new Windows 11 update was released yesterday.

* During the installation UI is glitchy - some elements flicker, others don't properly render on a first attempt. Looks like VBoxSVGA needs some love.
* Guest resolution without VBox drivers cannot be changed from default 1024x768. This sucks.
* Video memory for Windows 11 is set to 128MB by default which is too little. I would be great if the defaults were changed to 256MB because it results in the guest having more RAM available.
* Guest Additions for VBox 7 beta 3 (2 as well) cannot be installed due to certificate issues.
* A metric ton of TPM related errors in the system log.
Last edited by birdie on 29. Sep 2022, 02:11, edited 2 times in total.
birdie

Re: Windows 11 22H2 experience

Post by birdie »

Most of the issues have not been addressed in Beta 3 (the number of TPM errors has been reduced but event 15 TPM errors are still there).

I'm giving up on testing. Looks like no one particularly cares.

Your choice. With no feedback from devs it makes the whole thing quite meaningless and stupid.
Air Force One
Primary OS: MS Windows other
Guest OSses: Windows

Post by Air Force One »

Please give them a chance to react and don't give up too soon. We don't know how many developers working on the new version. But I hope they would address all of this before release.
AndyCot

Post by AndyCot »

If you want real support get the commercial version of Virtualbox where you have paid for Orcale for support and help otherwise if you use the free version then you get what you paid for.....
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

This entire discussion is odd IMO. This is a beta forum. If you want stability then don't use a beta or even the .0 release when it comes. And if you get offended by bug complaints then don't browse the beta forums!

One thing I'll say: the dev's schedule is their own. They are under no obligations to anyone here.
birdie

Post by birdie »

AndyCot wrote:If you want real support get the commercial version of Virtualbox where you have paid for Orcale for support and help otherwise if you use the free version then you get what you paid for.....
I'm reporting critical issues which are relevant for almost the entire userbase.

These are not "wishes", "feature requests" or minor bugs.

This is a beta forum where developers have specifically asked to provide feedback. Not only I've done that, I've identified actionable bugs.

Your message is an insult, pure and simple. No idea why you bothered to reply.

Simple "We are aware of these issues and working to address them" will suffice. At least the driver issue is now being addressed and I reported it for Beta 2 over two weeks ago. It's just yesterday that it was finally confirmed.
Air Force One
Primary OS: MS Windows other
Guest OSses: Windows

Post by Air Force One »

I know that you are frustrated, because you put some time and effort in testing, and you report the bugs. But it looks like nobody fix them right now. And you wish some working and better product.

But you don't know how many resources are here. And you are not the decider about the priorities. So we don't know when this would be fixed. I could give you some of my tickets, so you could see, how long it sometimes takes to fix something obvious.

So thank you for your effort and let us hope and works for better product.

BTW, they fixed the signing of the drivers already.