Not Attached:VirtualBox Hard drive does not attach

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Solaris hosts.
rocsiii

Not Attached:VirtualBox Hard drive does not attach

Post by rocsiii »

Hello all,

Even after I attach a virtual disk through Settings -> Add Disk -> Open. Although the drive shows up in the window it reads that the drive is “Not Attached.” I have tried several times but it continues to read the drive is not attached even after it seems to go through the process and attaches the drive...HELP!!!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Not Attached:VirtualBox Hard drive does not attach

Post by socratis »

I'm going to need to see a VM log from a complete VM run:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe error / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form).
I would also like to see the "recipe" of the VM, the ".vbox" file:
  1. Right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager. Select "Show in Finder/Explorer/Whatever".
  2. ZIP the selected ".vbox" file and attach it to your response.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.