CD/DVD empty Freenas Host w/phpVirtualBox

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Solaris hosts.
lunchmoney

CD/DVD empty Freenas Host w/phpVirtualBox

Post by lunchmoney »

I apologize if I've posted in the wrong area. However, I didn't see a Virtualbox on Freenas host category or any post related to my issue. I have Freenas 9.3 installed with 16GB of RAM. The CD/DVD drive works fine. I used it to install Freenas. I installed Virtualbox 4.3.12 which comes with Freenas. I log into Virtualbox and am able to create a VM and am ready to target an ISO but seemed to either be stumpped or vb is having trouble recognizing my ODD. I am a newby here so please bear with me. I have attached a few screen shots. The first is of the virtual media manager and with a disk in the drive with an iso image on it, it is blank. To the left in this shot you can see in Storage that CD/DVD is "empty". Second, in the guest OS settings you can see the disk dropdown only gives me the one option and no ODD. Third, is the screenshot of locating a virtual image which I have no idea how to access or begin to place one there which may be off topic. I've searched the internet and somehow I'm not getting what others are getting. Any help is appreciated. Thanks :)
Attachments
ISO disk loaded into known working ODD but nothing is showing.
ISO disk loaded into known working ODD but nothing is showing.
oddvb3.png (41.43 KiB) Viewed 8139 times
No ODD showing in drop-down
No ODD showing in drop-down
oddvb2.png (61.43 KiB) Viewed 8139 times
End of the line. Need more input.
End of the line. Need more input.
ODDVB.png (56.5 KiB) Viewed 8139 times
Last edited by lunchmoney on 9. Jul 2015, 06:38, edited 1 time in total.
lunchmoney

Re: CD/DVD empty Freenas Host

Post by lunchmoney »

It turns out that I am running phpVirtualBox and not the standard VirtualBox. Not sure if this matters.
lunchmoney

Re: CD/DVD empty Freenas Host w/phpVirtualBox

Post by lunchmoney »

Apparently Freenas isn't into ODDs and thus after much searching found the answer to my problem. Here it is....http://www.rexxue.com/2015/04/13/instal ... freenas-2/