libGL.so failed >> Help me!

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Solaris hosts.
duducristo

libGL.so failed >> Help me!

Post by duducristo »

Installed VirtualBox-1.5.51-SunOS-x86-r28414 on my computer ruining open Solaris 10.

Help me

When do the VirtualBox presents message:
# pwd
/opt/VirtualBox
# VirtualBox
ld.so.1: VirtualBox: fatal: libGL.so: open failed: No such file or directory killed
#
#

Thank you for your attention
:( [/b]
JackSA

Post by JackSA »

Hi there,

I'm not near a Sun box now, but that library is somewhere under /usr/openwin ...

Do a find in that directory, you also might need to create a new link if the filename differs (a bit).

-JackSA
jfcurran

Post by jfcurran »

You'll want to make sure it is in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH or that it is picked up by default. But I learned that a particular service needs to be running for the library links to actually point to something. I was able to link to libGL at runtime only after starting

svc:/application/opengl/ogl-select:default

Regards,

Jim
jfcurran

Post by jfcurran »

And one more thing: Even after getting the shared library problems put to bed, I continued to get core dumps from Virtualbox until I turned on svc:/application/font/fc-cache:default.

Smooth sailing after that.

But VBoxHeadless still refuses to start - VERR File not found. From truss, it seems like something (the alien libdlpi.so, perhaps?) is trimming LD_LIBRARY_PATH and a lot of shared libs don't get found. Just a guess.

Hope this helps.