USB problems on 11.1 SRU 3.4

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Solaris hosts.
bqbauer

USB problems on 11.1 SRU 3.4

Post by bqbauer »

I don't know if this is specific to SRU 3.4, but when I try to attach USB storage to a VM on my 11.1 host, the USB device disappears from the host, but never appears on the guest. This does NOT happen if I attach a USB printer/scanner.

The messages file of the host always returns the same, regardless of guest type:

vboxdrv: [ID 351244 kern.notice] vboxusb:vboxUSBSolarisBulkXfer usb_pipe_bulk_xfer enmDir=0x2 Ep=0x1 failed! rc=-6

I'll be glad to log a bug, but first I thought I'd ask if this is a known issue or there is a known solution. VB is 4.2.6.
Last edited by bqbauer on 21. Jan 2013, 07:29, edited 1 time in total.
bqbauer

Re: USB problems on 11.1 SRU 3.4

Post by bqbauer »

And yes, I'm in the vboxuser group. Note that a printer/scanner works fine over USB, just not storage devices (so far).
Guyver
Primary OS: Solaris
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 7

Post by Guyver »

Is the device being found or locked by the rmvolmgr or hald daemon?

I tend to disable rmvolmgr as well as autofs, but I don't use either.

Not sure if that will help or not, but something to check.
bqbauer

Post by bqbauer »

Found someone had created a bug for this, but it was entered incorrectly. I've create bug #11747, posted two logs from two computers, one attaching a USB WiFi adapter, the other USB flash drive.

This bug is specific to 11.1, not 11.0. Whether upgraded from 11.0 when USB was working, or with a fresh install of 11.1. Same problem, tested on different computers both with the upgrade & fresh install of the OS.

My earlier comment about printers & scanners was premature, or was broken by an SRU...not sure which.

Please if someone could give the bug some attention. I've provided logs & details, and will gladly supply more information if necessary.
Last edited by noteirak on 2. May 2013, 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added ticket link