Seamless mode doesn't work?

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Solaris hosts.
alanbur

Seamless mode doesn't work?

Post by alanbur »

I'm sure I had seamless mode working at one point, but I don't seem to be able to get it to work with my latest XP install on Solaris - I've installed the guest additions, but hitting <Host> L just makes everything disappear/reappear. Any suggestions?
cmihai

Post by cmihai »

Seamless mode, snapshots and shared folders work perfectly.

I've uploaded some screenshots of shared folders and seamless mode on:
http://unixsadm.blogspot.com/2008/02/vi ... ation.html
(last screenshot).

Make sure you have the latest guest additions, and that they are active (you've restarted the guest). Also, try moving your host taskbar to the upper edge of the screen, it may cover the XP taskbar.
Tomservo
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Solaris Express 11

Post by Tomservo »

Works on my side too. More or less.

What's however happening here is that VirtualBox seems only want to recognize a single screen, I suppose because Xinerama (via Twinview) is telling it that. So I can only use seamless mode on one screen.
ptrk64

Can't get shared folders to work

Post by ptrk64 »

cmihai wrote:Seamless mode, snapshots and shared folders work perfectly.
Got most things to work in "Seamless mode", but not shared folders, did you do any configuration on your SOlaris host to get it to work, I'm running snvx_b80, and tried the net use command after I enabled shared folders, but no luck. Can't find the vboxsrv :(

/peter
cmihai

Post by cmihai »

Maybe you have some sort of firewall on the guest or host, or have network sharing disabled (if the guest is Vista or 2008, there's also the issue of network location). You could also try using an IP instead.

If networking works, sharing should work. Worst case scenario, you just use Sun CIFS Server or Samba. Or even NFS + SUA / SFU in guest.