USE VBOX_ONLY_ADDITIONS=1 option build wddm driver but Win10 potplayer crash

Discussions related to using the OSE version of VirtualBox.
Luffy

USE VBOX_ONLY_ADDITIONS=1 option build wddm driver but Win10 potplayer crash

Post by Luffy »

Hi guys, I am new here.

I use Vbox 6.0.8 source code to build windows wddm graphic driver only.I USE VBOX_ONLY_ADDITIONS=1 option. But I do not build additions iso.
After install VBoxWddm.sys, VBoxVideo.sys and many dlls(include UMD dll and OGL dll) to win10. The 3D function works very well. But video player which use VBoxDispD3D.dll, VBoxNine.dll and VBoxSVGA.dll normally crash everytime when I play video.
I wonder if I have lost some Windows registry Key/Value,or Other configuration options.

Thanks!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: USE VBOX_ONLY_ADDITIONS=1 option build wddm driver but Win10 potplayer crash

Post by socratis »

First, mandatory question; why? ;)

Second, I would start going through the GAs installer files: https://www.virtualbox.org/browser/vbox ... /Installer

Third, I would try with the official method and the built-in GAs ISO. Does the app crash when you do it the "official way"?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.