[Discussion] Build VirtualBox ≥ 5.1.2 on OSX ≥ 10.9

Discussions related to using the OSE version of VirtualBox.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: [Discussion] Build VirtualBox ≥ 5.1.2 on OSX ≥ 10.9

Post by socratis »

See? That's what I tried avoiding when I set to write the instructions; having two ports, MacPorts and HomeBrew, it didn't make too much sense. :roll:
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
paulroot

Post by paulroot »

Yeah. But it worked for me this way, so can't complain. :)

Anyway, I was was working on a hardened build. I am using self signed certificate and following the official guide. It builds without any error. But when I try to run the following command

Code: Select all

otool -L /Applications/VirtualBox.app/Contents/MacOS/VirtualBox.dylib
it says that "VirtualBox.dylib" file not found. I opened the path and indeed the file is not there.

Any heads up about that?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

I started messing with 'otool' but (guess what) never had the chance to go through the whole process, not enough time to look closely into it. And I never needed a hardened version to tell you the truth, it was more of an academic exercise...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.