checkout svn branch

Discussions related to using the OSE version of VirtualBox.
Cwood

checkout svn branch

Post by Cwood »

How to checkout a specific revision from SVN like 5.2.10-122406 / 5.1.36-122416?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: checkout svn branch

Post by socratis »

The public trunk and the release trunk are not the same. You could download specific trunk revisions from the public trunk, but they don't match the release branch. The public trunk is what you'd call "the next version of VirtualBox". For checking specific svn revisions from the trunk, start searching/reading how to use "svn update --revision REV".

On the other hand if you want specific releases/versions, that match exactly the public releases, you can download the release branch source code directly from the "Downloads" page (and the older builds page). Every release version has a copy of the source code that was used to build that release. Example: http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualb ... 10.tar.bz2

And because I think you're going to ask, "Why the differences?", I can give you an example. If there are security patches (for example), they do *not* show in the public trunk, they are kept in VirtualBox's internal trunk. When the "internal" trunk, becomes the "release" trunk, then they can update the "public" trunk and publish the security changes.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.