Building VirtualBox on Windows 10 64 bits

Discussions related to using the OSE version of VirtualBox.
SirCornflakes

Building VirtualBox on Windows 10 64 bits

Post by SirCornflakes »

Hello,

I'm trying to build virtual box on Windows 10 64 bits but I keep getting this error:
kmk: *** No rule to make target `../VBox/tools/win.x86/vcc/v10/lib/amd64/oldnames.lib', needed by `.../VBox/out/win.amd64/release/obj/bin2c/bin2c.exe'.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
mhanor
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: various

Re: Building VirtualBox on Windows 10 64 bits

Post by mhanor »

You haven't set the build environment correctly. Read here
SirCornflakes

Post by SirCornflakes »

mhanor wrote:You haven't set the build environment correctly. Read here
Thank you a lot ! I've been able to launch the configure.vbs script but now, I've another problem.
When i write kmk to compile all sources, i've the error:

Code: Select all

kmk: *** [C:/Users/SirCornflakes/Documents/VBox/out/win.amd64/release/obj/RuntimeBldProg/common/misc/sanity-c.obj] Error 512 (0x200)
The failing command:
@kmk_builtin_kDepObj -f -s -q -o C:/Users/SirCornflakes/Documents/VBox/out/win.amd64/release/obj/RuntimeBldProg/common/misc/sanity-c.obj.dep -t C:/Users/SirCornflakes/Documents/VBox/out/win.amd64/release/obj/RuntimeBldProg/common/misc/sanity-c.obj C:/Users/SirCornflakes/Documents/VBox/out/win.amd64/release/obj/RuntimeBldProg/common/misc/sanity-c.obj
kmk: *** Deleting file `C:/Users/SirCornflakes/Documents/VBox/out/win.amd64/release/obj/RuntimeBldProg/common/misc/sanity-c.obj'
kmk: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
sg.cpp
kmk: *** Exiting with status 2
Any ideas ?

mhanor
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: various

Post by mhanor »

You're probably using an incorrectly set build environment. Use Process Monitor from Microsoft/Sysinternals to monitor what libraries is link.exe trying to link to.
naiquan

Post by naiquan »

SirCornflakes wrote:Hello,

I'm trying to build virtual box on Windows 10 64 bits but I keep getting this error:
kmk: *** No rule to make target `../VBox/tools/win.x86/vcc/v10/lib/amd64/oldnames.lib', needed by `.../VBox/out/win.amd64/release/obj/bin2c/bin2c.exe'.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Has the problem been solved? What's the reason?