Need help about build virtualbox.

Discussions related to using the OSE version of VirtualBox.
qishaosky

Need help about build virtualbox.

Post by qishaosky »

Hi,i am building virtualbox using the latest source code.but met one error.

the error message as below:
E:\VirtualBox-5.1.26\VirtualBox-5.1.26\out\win.amd64\release\obj\SUPR3\TrustAnchorsAndCerts.cpp(496) : error C2070: 'const unsigned char []': illegal sizeof operand
E:\VirtualBox-5.1.26\VirtualBox-5.1.26\out\win.amd64\release\obj\SUPR3\TrustAnchorsAndCerts.cpp(540) : error C2070: 'const unsigned char []': illegal sizeof operand

I check the source code. that is the variable problem which is g_abSUPBuildCert. it is defined as below:

extern const unsigned char g_abSUPBuildCert[];

so when we use this code SUPTAENTRY_GEN(g_abSUPBuildCert) .it makes error. i am using vs2010 sp1.

i don't know how i can fix this problem.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Need help about build virtualbox.

Post by mpack »

Presumably there's a build option to disable certification, or you supply your own certificate. I doubt you'll find Oracle's certficate in the open sources!

Also: not a "Windows Host" question - moving this topic to the OSE forum.
qishaosky

Post by qishaosky »

thanks for reply. i am rebuild vbox. that's compile error. so it maybe not the certification question.

it use sizeof(g_abSUPBuildCert) in macro SUPTAENTRY_GEN(g_abSUPBuildCert) to get size. but it is defined as :extern const unsigned char g_abSUPBuildCert[]

so compile error is made.
Aaloo

Post by Aaloo »

Could you please explain it in a simple way. I don't have a technical background. Thanks for understanding! :(
Last edited by Aaloo on 18. Oct 2017, 09:05, edited 1 time in total.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

I'm sorry, but if you don't have a technical background, why are you interested in building VirtualBox yourself? That requires quite a technical background...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.