Building VBox OSE v5.0.0 on Win7 - missing QT

Discussions related to using the OSE version of VirtualBox.
NTI

Re: Building VBox OSE v5.0.0 on Win7 - missing QT

Post by NTI »

mpack wrote:I mean compare the export list of QtCore4.dll, which presumably you can build, against the QtCoreVBox4.dll file shipped with VirtualBox. I assume you know how to choose between static and dynamic library builds in your IDE, you understand that VBox is expecting the libraries in DLL form at runtime, and that the lib is generated as a byproduct of building the DLL.

The export list of QtCore4.dll that I built seems to match the one of QtCoreVBox4.dll shipped with VirtualBox.
NTI

Post by NTI »

Perryg wrote:To quote mhanor, if you are still seeing "C:/VBox/VirtualBox-5.0.0/tools/win.x86/qt/v4.7.3-vcc100': lib/" You are not passing the qt path as argument to the configure script
If you do not state the proper place where your build is in the script it will always fall back to the default and of course it will not find it.

I wouldn't worry much at this point about where the vbox files are as the build script should find them if it can find the actual qt binaries you have built.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not checking under "C:/VBox/VirtualBox-5.0.0/tools/win.x86/qt/v4.7.3-vcc100': lib/", which was the initial error message before I built QT4.

I was building QT on a separate machine just to test if I can get the required libs. Now building it on the target machine.
NTI

Post by NTI »

Trying to build VBox using:

Code: Select all

cscript configure.vbs --with-libSDL=C:\VBox\SDL-devel-1.2.15-VC\SDL-1.2.15 --with-openssl=C:\VBox\openssl-0.9.8k_WIN32 --with-libcurl=C:\VBox\curl-7.40.0-devel-mingw32 --with-QT4=C:\VBox\qt-4.7.3

The previous command line error message about missing QT4 is gone. Although in ..\VBox\configure.log, it still shows missing VBox related QT libs. I guess it can be ignored.