how should i do?

Discussions related to using the OSE version of VirtualBox.
xuchao

how should i do?

Post by xuchao »

when i close the vm windows there will be a dialog to choose to save the machine state or to send the shutdown signal or to power off the machine.But now when i close the vm window i want it to save the machine state automatically without the dialog to choose what to do .How should i programm?Which .cpp file should i change
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: how should i do?

Post by socratis »

Don't close the VM's window. Shut down the guest OS as you would do if you had a physical computer. The window should close. No need to change any .cpp file...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: how should i do?

Post by Perryg »

Saved state is useful and the request is a valid one. Probably easier than hacking the code, just create a script/batch file that does this for you. Use VBoxManage on the host. This is also available from the GUI main manager by right clicking the guest in newer version of VBox.

Code: Select all

VBoxManage controlvm <uuid|vmname> savestate