Issues building Virtualbox.

Discussions related to using the OSE version of VirtualBox.
jpippy

Issues building Virtualbox.

Post by jpippy »

I have been trying to build Virtual box all day. I have ran into a few road blocks but now I am stumped. I followed the windows build instructions and download all prerequisites listed. I have ran the config file in cscript and verified then I run env.bat and give the build command(kmk) and the rest is as follows.

When I try to build virtualbox it seems to start building without issue for a bit until it says something about not finding python. The out/win.86/release folder has the bin/lib/obj folders and some misc stuff. The bin/lib and obj folders are filled but no executable for vbox.

Since I am building this on Windows is it possible to create a Visual C++ project and link them together so I can build it in Visual studio?

My next question is if their is other prerequisites that aren't listed in the official build instructions? I have done everything correctly and I am still having issues, is their a log file I can view to see what exactly is going wrong?
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Issues building Virtualbox.

Post by mpack »

Which build instructions have you followed? I.e. did you look in the "Howtos and Tutorials" section here?