VirtualBox source: CMachine class.. where to find this?

Discussions related to using the OSE version of VirtualBox.
Paul Keno

VirtualBox source: CMachine class.. where to find this?

Post by Paul Keno »

I'm trying to understand VirtualBox OSE sources (4.1.18) and I started from the Qt frontend.

I'm unsure where the virtual machine core code is located but I think it has something to do with the following classes:

CMachine CSession

I can't find their declaration nor their definition in ANY of the source files. Since VirtualBox uses XPCOM and the wrapper files for the interfaces are auto-generated by xsltproc, maybe the definition and declarations I'm searching are in those files. I can't get virtualbox to compile under windows 7 64 bit though, too many errors (I fix one and 5 show up), any suggestion on how to search for these types or a complete fixlist?
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: VirtualBox source: CMachine class.. where to find this?

Post by Perryg »

AFAIK we are still waiting for a re-write of the official build instructions for Windows. This has been an issue for a while now and there are only a few that have completed a successfully a build, but with a lot of work. Too many different build apps especially for 64-bit.

I haven't been able to build (with additions) since they introduced the wddm drivers. I see they are working on this but have not seen an actual run by default (without work-a-rounds)

You can search here ( the OSE section ) and see most if not all of the work-a-rounds.

I assume you have seen the actual instructions.
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Windows ... structions