Xubuntu with Guestadditions under OS/2

Discussions related to using the OSE version of VirtualBox.
danik

Xubuntu with Guestadditions under OS/2

Post by danik »

Hello,

I saw the posts with the success of VirtualBox under OS/2, and I thought it is time to try it also. I use Paul's build from 2008/02/10. It works really good. I'm impressed. All developers of it have done a very good work.

But a few questions left. :-)

How can I send an ALT-TAB key to the VM? VBoxBFE gets a little bit out of synchronization with the ALT key and the right CTRL key if I leave the VBoxBFE window, when the mouse is captured.

I made a fresh installation of Xubuntu 7.04 and installed the GuestAdditions 1.5.4 in it. At the next start with the following command line (which worked well before), VBoxBFE chrashes as shown below, when Xubuntu tries to start the X-Server.

Code: Select all

[D:\Utils\vbox]VBoxBFE.exe -m 256 -cdrom VBoxGuestAdditions_1.5.4.iso -hda j:\Xubuntu.vdi -boot c -natdev1 080027476413
VirtualBox Simple SDL GUI built Feb 10 2008 10:03:36

!!Assertion Failed!!
Expression: f
Location  : U:/dev/virtualbox/vbox/src/VBox/Frontends/VBoxBFE/DisplayImpl.cpp(133) int VMDisplay::handleDisplayResize(int, int)
I then switched over to the Qt frontend, which opens the same VM without any problems. Did I forget any commandline parameters on VBoxBFE?

cu and keep up the good work
Daniel
Yoda

Re: Xubuntu with Guestadditions under OS/2

Post by Yoda »

danik wrote:Hello,

How can I send an ALT-TAB key to the VM?
1. System key combinations such as Alt+Tab, Ctrl+Esc are crrently always
grabbed by the host and never reach the guest even when the keyboard
is captured. In order to send these combinations, use the following
shortcuts (where Host is the host key defined in the global settings):

Host+` (Tilde/Backquote) => Ctrl+Esc
Host+1 => Alt+Tab
Host+2 => Alt+Shift+Tab
dmik

Post by dmik »

danik
Keep in mind that what Yoda posted relates to VirtualBox.exe (not to VBoxBFE.exe) from the VirtualBox-1_5_51_OSE_27858_OS2 package (and probably to recent Paul's builds too).

BTW, there is no point of using VBoxBFE.exe unless you need to access the VM over TCP/IP from outside (e.g. need a TAP driver). This functionality isn't yet provided by the Main API. And in general, VBoxBFE isn't supported as well as the other parts (the assertion you mentioned may be a consequence), so don't expect everything works there.
sicreative.net

hi

Post by sicreative.net »

very precious ideas!!!thanks guys!

www.sicreative.net
(720)-897-7619