Code of custom ext.pack

Discussions related to using the OSE version of VirtualBox.
Technologov
Volunteer

Code of custom ext.pack

Post by Technologov »

vrde with vnc
I tried getting this integrated. It's not working. But here's something you can build as an extpack, and it contains docs. If anybody really knows how to move forward with this (maybe have an "unofficial extpacks" ftp location or something, where oracle doesn't claim ownership or quality or anything ???)

Additionally, it would be *great* to have a way to get custom QT interfaces and configuration file formats into extpacks. There was some work on this but, and it was implemented for the UDPTunnel stuff, but ...

Anyway, here's the file. It shows how to build and register the extpack, and how to get the extpack to operate (I'm afraid you will be using python commands to enable this for a specific VM instance).

Also, I'm having trouble finding the time to work on this, and I don't really have a place to put this online. If anybody's willing to do something like this ? I'd rather not put it on github or something like that, as it'll just get fragmented and we'll end up with 10 different versions, all with weird bugs.

Anyway, let me know what you think. Good luck with it.
(from Christophe Devriese)
Attachments
WapperVNC.tar.gz
(11.22 KiB) Downloaded 53 times