Experience so far with virtualbox-svn-20080210-os2

Discussions related to using the OSE version of VirtualBox.
madodel

Experience so far with virtualbox-svn-20080210-os2

Post by madodel »

I just installed Paul's virtualbox-svn-20080210-os2.on eCS 2.0 RC1. I had tried installing the TAP driver, but my system hung on the netbind so I had to restore a previous archive to get back to my desktop. I installed XP Pro. and Guest additions were installed successfully.

TCP/IP networking works fine using NAT, without the Tap driver installed. I defined a shared folder using the GUI,but the shared folder did not show up in XP's "My Network Places" which is where the userManual says it should be. So I used "net use x: \\vboxsvr\sharename" at an XP command promt and I can now access my shared folder.

I take it there is no sound support in the OSE build? Or is it just not in the OS/2 version yet?

Great work so far. Thanks for the OS/2 host support, even if it is unofficial.

Mark
tgodawa

Re: Experience so far with virtualbox-svn-20080210-os2

Post by tgodawa »

Hi,
madodel wrote:I just installed Paul's virtualbox-svn-20080210-os2.on eCS 2.0 RC1. I had tried installing the TAP driver, but my system hung on the netbind
depending which partition on my T60 I use the TAP driver works or works not!

On my working eCS 2.0rc1 installation with VPC/2, Gigabit and WLAN it also does not work, but on my eCS 2.0rc4 test-installation (without VPC/2) the TAP-driver works!
madodel wrote:TCP/IP networking works fine using NAT, without the Tap driver installed.
NAT now works correctly on both installations!
madodel wrote:I defined a shared folder using the GUI,
As mentioned in the readme the GUI seems not to work correctly on my dual-core system.

But I'm also very happy with the development, let's see what the "Sun VirtualBox/2"-future brings.

Thorolf
madodel

Post by madodel »

On my working eCS 2.0rc1 installation with VPC/2, Gigabit and WLAN it also does not work, but on my eCS 2.0rc4 test-installation (without VPC/2) the TAP-driver works
I suspected that it was either using the Genmac WiFi or having VPC/2 network driver installed. For now I'll stick with NAT only. Thanks for the feedback.

Mark