Problem with VBoxDrv.sys and networking

Discussions related to using the OSE version of VirtualBox.
chennecke

Problem with VBoxDrv.sys and networking

Post by chennecke »

Installing the VBoxDrv.sys driver from virtualbox-svn-20080210-os2.zip or VirtualBox-1_5_51_OSE_27858_OS2.zip breaks networking on my machine: The driver load message is displayed at startup and it does not complain. However, I am unable to connect to the network. No TCP/IP at least. LANTRAN.LOG contains the following (German):
LT00073: FFST/2 ist installiert, aber nicht gestartet. LANTRAN.LOG wird erstellt.
IBM OS/2 LANMSGDD [07/21/04] 6.00 ist geladen und betriebsbereit.
IBM - OS/2 Socket/MPTS Common Transport Semantics
IBM OS/2 NETBEUI 6.00.0
NETBEUI: Verwendung eines 32-Bit-Datensegments.
IBM OS/2 TCPBEUI 6.00.0
TCPBEUI: Verwendung eines 32-Bit-Datensegments.
NETWKSTA.200-Version 6.0. IBM LAN Redirector ( May 25, 2005) wird installiert.

IBM OS/2 NETBIOS 4.0
Für NETBIOS-Anwendungen stehen an Adapter 0 123 NCBs, 96 Sitzungen und 6 Namen zur Verfügung.
Für NETBIOS-Anwendungen stehen an Adapter 1 123 NCBs, 96 Sitzungen und 6 Namen zur Verfügung.
NETBIOS 4.0 ist geladen und betriebsbereit.
IBM LANVDD ist geladen und funktionsfähig.
IBM OS/2 LAN Netbind
PRO0021: Als das Programm versucht hat, eine Bindung zwischen VECTOR und NVETH_NIF herzustellen, ist ein allgemeiner Fehler aufgetreten.
IBM - OS/2 Socket/MPTS NetBios Service Driver
TCPBEUI: Logischer Adapter 1 versucht, eine Bindung an TCP/IP-Schnittstelle lan0 herzustellen.
LT00141: Beim Initialisieren von TCPBEUI sind Fehler aufgetreten.
I guess the relevant part is (this time translated to English):
PRO0021: A general error occured when the program tried to establish a connection between VECTOR and NVETH_NIF.
This is an Athlon64 single core machine with AMD Virtualization enabled in the BIOS.

Could this be some kind of memory issue?
chennecke

Post by chennecke »

It turned out that this was indeed a memory problem. Reducing the cache for JFS solved it.