VirtualBox SDK Source?

Discussions related to using the OSE version of VirtualBox.
daveman1010220
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Windows 7 x64

VirtualBox SDK Source?

Post by daveman1010220 »

Hello.

I hope this is the right forum for this, I've not had much luck in searching... Can someone tell me if the source code is available for the VirtualBox SDK? Specifically, I am looking for source that would end up in 'vboxjws.jar'. Failing the availability of source code, is there javadoc available for this library? It's not ideal, but it would help tremendously. I am having a difficult time learning this set of APIs without proper documentation and am spoiled by having source available for just about everything I work with these days... I am running into basic use case type problems with this library and source code would help with that tremendously. Thanks in advance. :-)
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: VirtualBox SDK Source?

Post by Perryg »

daveman1010220

Post by daveman1010220 »

Perryg, thanks for the response. I actually have been over this page numerous times and downloaded everything on it that resembles source code. I've searched every source code file on this page. There are diminishingly few Java source files in any of this and definitely no SDK Java source files that I've found, except for the 'how to use the SDK in Java' sample file. The SDK mainly contains binaries. I'm hoping this is just an oversight on the part of whomever is maintaining this page and that the source for the SDK is available somewhere. :-) Thanks.
Perryg
Site Moderator

Post by Perryg »

The entire source code including the SDK is located on that page. So I am not sure what else you would want.
AFAIK VirtualBox does not use java directly but you can hook to it with java, but the samples are all that is available.
daveman1010220

Post by daveman1010220 »

Perryg wrote:The entire source code including the SDK is located on that page. So I am not sure what else you would want.
AFAIK VirtualBox does not use java directly but you can hook to it with java, but the samples are all that is available.
I am looking for the SDK source code, specifically the SDK source code for the Java web service, which is not included in the SDK. The jar file for the Java web service, vboxjws.jar, located at path sdk/bindings/webservice/java/jax-ws/ only has the compiled class files in it. It does not contain source, nor does the SDK contain source for this jar. I also downloaded VirtualBox-4.1.2_OSE (tar.bz2), which does not contain the source for the jar file vboxjws.jar. As far as I can tell, this is the extent of the source code available on this page. Please do let me know if the link is there and I'm just blind. :-)
daveman1010220

Post by daveman1010220 »

Does anyone know if the source is available for the SDK, or perhaps where the project page for the SDK lives? Thanks.
daveman1010220

Post by daveman1010220 »

Does anyone know if there is a better place to ask this question? Thanks.
Perryg
Site Moderator

Post by Perryg »

I would say that if is is not listed then they have not released it. I checked and a few others have asked for it but no one to my knowledge has seen it except the developers.
You can try asking them if you like. http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Mailing_lists
daveman1010220

Post by daveman1010220 »

Thanks. I will see if they are able to help and will update this list with any additional details.