VBoxPuelMain.DLL VERR_MODULE_NOT_FOUND - GetLastError=12

Discussions related to using the OSE version of VirtualBox.
rbhkamal
Primary OS: Ubuntu 8.10
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: Linux

VBoxPuelMain.DLL VERR_MODULE_NOT_FOUND - GetLastError=12

Post by rbhkamal »

I compiled virtualbox from trunk (last week) and tried to install the extension pack, however, I get the following error:

Code: Select all

C:\bin>VBoxManage.exe extpack install Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-4.0.4-
70112.vbox-extpack
0%...
Progress state: E_FAIL
VBoxManage.exe: error: Failed to install "C:\bin\Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_
Pack-4.0.4-70112.vbox-extpack": Failed to load the main module ('C:\bin\Extensio
nPacks\Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack\win.x86\VBoxPuelMain.DLL'): VERR_MODULE_NOT_FOUND - GetLastError=126

C:\bin>
So I recompiled using debug and stepped through the code. The error is generated from LoadLibrary() MS function; even though the path does exist.... its as if VBoxPuelMain.dll cannot find some dependencies.

Next, I tried to copy all the DLLs need to run virtualbox to the win.x86 folder right before the call to LoadLibaray() is executed.... still same return code.

Help please!
rbhkamal

Re: VBoxPuelMain.DLL VERR_MODULE_NOT_FOUND - GetLastError=12

Post by rbhkamal »

I wasted a week on this so far.... I really need some help here.

I get the same error with 4.0.4 and the latest SVN trunk, isn't there anyone out there who can tell me if this is a problem with my setup or virtualbox its self?

Thanks,
RK
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
Guest OSses: *NIX

Post by Perryg »

I don't use Ubuntu 8.10 any more so I don't know if that is an issue, but compiling from SVN using 10.04 - 10.10 does work and the ExtPack does in fact install and is usable.

You can compare your build environment with mine here http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35883

If however you are using Windows to compile I know there is an issue and from what I read the ExtPacks is not supported beyond 4.0.4 on the in flux builds.
rbhkamal

Post by rbhkamal »

I see, in my case the linux build works just fine too. However, the windows build never worked.... to be specific, the installation of the extention pack never completed successfully :(
The problem is happening regardless of the source code revision that I use (4.0.4, trunk... you name it)

Do you know for sure if the windows build will work for 4.0.3 or 4.0.2?

Thanks,
RK
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
Guest OSses: *NIX

Post by Perryg »

My understanding is that with Windows builds you can not get the ExtPack to work. You can look through the Dev Mailing List and I believe that is just a day or so ago. It covers this exact question.
rbhkamal

Post by rbhkamal »

fyi, I got it to work with 4.0.4. The problem was that I was missing MSVCR71.DLL

Once I copied that file to system32, the problem disappeared and USB support is now working.