new 3.0.2 curl dependency - build failure on Centos 5.3

Discussions related to using the OSE version of VirtualBox.
vbtroy
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Linux

new 3.0.2 curl dependency - build failure on Centos 5.3

Post by vbtroy »

I had previously built the OSE version of Vbox 2.2.2 on my Centos 5.3 64-bit box, but now with version 3.0.2 I am getting a curl-related build error. I have curl and curl-devel 7.15.5 on the system. Is there a different version of curl needed to resolve this error?
/home/t/vbox_ose/VirtualBox-3.0.2_OSE/src/VBox/Runtime/common/misc/s3.cpp: In function ‘int rtS3Perform(RTS3INTERNAL*)’:
/home/t/vbox_ose/VirtualBox-3.0.2_OSE/src/VBox/Runtime/common/misc/s3.cpp:248: error: ‘CURLE_REMOTE_FILE_NOT_FOUND’ was not declared in this scope
kmk[2]: *** [/home/t/vbox_ose/VirtualBox-3.0.2_OSE/out/linux.amd64/release/obj/VBoxRT/common/misc/s3.o] Error 1
mm0zct
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: windows xp

Re: new 3.0.2 curl dependency - build failure on Centos 5.3

Post by mm0zct »

unfortunately i am stuck with your same problem, have you found a workaround yet?

i would really like to get vbox OSE working on my centos 5 install otherwise i will probably have to abandon centos for what i need it for.
vbtroy
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Linux

Post by vbtroy »

sorry I did not find a solution
TobiasEvert
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: SLES

Post by TobiasEvert »

Hi

I had this problem when I tried to build VirtualBox OSE with an old version of libcurl that I downloaded by accident. In that version the CURLE_REMOTE_FILE_NOT_FOUND constant simply was not implemented. When I instead used the latest version of libcurl everything worked. I do not know exactly which version VB really requires, but it does not seem to check for it when configuring.

Regards

Tobias