FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE amd64 - Problem with pcnet32.rt.o

Discussions related to using the OSE version of VirtualBox.
reaper

FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE amd64 - Problem with pcnet32.rt.o

Post by reaper »

Hello everyone.

After several futile attempts to use other software to virtualize on FreeBSD with something else than qemu (works, but not if you want even decent speed) and then I ran in to Virtualbox.

Now I've been working on it a few days to get it to compile but my latest attempts have left me with this:

Code: Select all

ld: Relocatable linking with relocations from format elf32-i386-freebsd (/usr/home/vbox/svnbuild/vbox/out/freebsd.amd64/release/obj/src/VBox/Devices/PC/Etherboot-src/start32.o) to format elf64-x86-64 (/usr/home/vbox/svnbuild/vbox/out/freebsd.amd64/release/obj/src/VBox/Devices/PC/Etherboot-src/pcnet32.rt.o) is not supported
I run configure with --nofatal (libpng won't get detected), --disable-hardening, --disable-xpcom (a compile error with src/libs/xpcom18a4/xpcom/typelib/xpidl/xpidl.c).

This issue happens with both release package and SVN source code.

The platform I'm using is an A64 X2 running FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE amd64. Any help, suggestions (not related to "Use linux" and such) are welcome. If you need more info, I'll provide that as necessary.
mrhbit

Re: FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE amd64 - Problem with pcnet32.rt.o

Post by mrhbit »

reaper wrote:Hello everyone.

After several futile attempts to use other software to virtualize on FreeBSD with something else than qemu (works, but not if you want even decent speed) and then I ran in to Virtualbox.

Now I've been working on it a few days to get it to compile but my latest attempts have left me with this:

Code: Select all

ld: Relocatable linking with relocations from format elf32-i386-freebsd (/usr/home/vbox/svnbuild/vbox/out/freebsd.amd64/release/obj/src/VBox/Devices/PC/Etherboot-src/start32.o) to format elf64-x86-64 (/usr/home/vbox/svnbuild/vbox/out/freebsd.amd64/release/obj/src/VBox/Devices/PC/Etherboot-src/pcnet32.rt.o) is not supported
I run configure with --nofatal (libpng won't get detected), --disable-hardening, --disable-xpcom (a compile error with src/libs/xpcom18a4/xpcom/typelib/xpidl/xpidl.c).

This issue happens with both release package and SVN source code.

The platform I'm using is an A64 X2 running FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE amd64. Any help, suggestions (not related to "Use linux" and such) are welcome. If you need more info, I'll provide that as necessary.
Did you tried a 64bit build ?