VRDP slow to refresh and gets 2 mouse pointers

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
calmond

VRDP slow to refresh and gets 2 mouse pointers

Post by calmond »

Hello all - I'm having a problem with the VRDP server always showing two mouse pointers when connected. This happens with the MS client, and KRDC. I've matched the screen resolution, and tried a few other things along those lines, and always there are 2 pointers. I have tried Linux, Win2k3 server, and WinXP VM's, and they are all the same.

Also, the graphical refresh is terrible, sometimes taking 30 seconds to redraw the screen. I'm connecting from home with a 768K DSL line.

Is there a way to tune the performance of the VRDP server in VB, or any other way I can fix these two problems?

Thanks
Technologov
Volunteer

Post by Technologov »

Yes, I also got 2 mouse pointers during install. After installing guestadditions, only 1 mouse pointer left.
sandervl
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows Vista
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux, Solaris

Post by sandervl »

Performance will greatly improve if you install the guest additions. (at least for Windows guests) The double mouse pointer will disappear too.
trmentry

Post by trmentry »

sandervl wrote:Performance will greatly improve if you install the guest additions. (at least for Windows guests) The double mouse pointer will disappear too.
I'm running on Gentoo and have my machine up and running. When I emerge virtualbox-bin with the additions use flag, I still seem to get the double mouse pointers.

I tried switching to Bridged so that I can connect directly to the XP machine but that doesn't seem to work even though XP has the Allow remote conenctions box ticked.

Any ideas on why I still have the double mouse pointers on a headless system?

I'm wanting to be able to get rid of the double pointer in NAT config, or RDP directly to the vm itself.

thanks