Newbie Advice?

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
Tricky-Ricky

Newbie Advice?

Post by Tricky-Ricky »

Please go easy as this is all pretty new to me, I recently purchased a Terramaster NAS and it now has a virtual-box app so after watching a couple of YouTube videos on how to use virtual-box to load Ubuntu on windows i thought i would try and do the same to the NAS to make the whole interface more user freandly but i just cant seem to get Ubuntu to load by creating a disc image as per the windows tutorial i just keep getting errors.

So i was wondering if anyone could point me to some kind of tutorial for dummies so i can sort this not sure if its a problem with the app or just me being inexperienced with this sort of thing any help appreciated. :)
Last edited by Tricky-Ricky on 8. May 2020, 18:03, edited 1 time in total.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Newbie Advice?

Post by scottgus1 »

I would suggest you use a regular PC first to get experience in using Virtualbox. Virtualbox is rather easy to use, but adding in the extra layer of a NAS jail or whatever your NAS calls it would be a steep learning curve.

If you have any questions about trying Virtualbox on a PC, read the help manual, section 1 first. Also see Minimum Info Needed for Assistance. Also, be sure to show us exactly what the errors you get so we can help better.

Try a PC first before you try the NAS interface.
Tricky-Ricky

Re: Newbie Advice?

Post by Tricky-Ricky »

Thanks for the reply i have now installed Vbox and Ubuntu onto my PC and will have a look at how it should work and it was very straightforward followed much the same procedure on the NAS so will have to look into just where the problem is and take some screen shots.