Guest Additions Slows Firefox

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
tilivili

Guest Additions Slows Firefox

Post by tilivili »

Hello. I have a version of VirtualBox-5.2.36-135684-Win installed in Windows. I tried to install AntiX Linux in it. The file sharing folder works immediately after installation. I know that the guest add-on is immediately installed in the distribution. I was faced with the fact that the Firefox browser works very poorly, it reacts for a long time to keystrokes and mouse movements.

Next, I installed BunsenLabs Linux. The guest folder does not work after installation. The Firefox browser worked very well compared to the previous version. There were no freezes and it was even possible to watch short videos from YouTube with some problems. I installed the guest add-on and rebooted the computer. The file sharing folder and clipboard began to work. But there were problems with the Firefox browser. It became almost impossible to view the pages of sites on the Internet, as he had difficulty responding to keystrokes and mouse actions.

These operating system options are designed to work on older computers. I have two gigabytes of RAM installed. CPU Core2Duo.