Invalid settings about hardware acceleration in system

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
GGamer2042

Invalid settings about hardware acceleration in system

Post by GGamer2042 »

Can you help me Virtualbox it telling invalid settings about hardware acceleration in system but i turn it off it still says invalid settings on same thing and not letting me press Ok

and idk how to post on forums
GGamer2042

Re: Problem with hardware virtualization in Acceleration software

Post by GGamer2042 »

BillG wrote:If the vm was set up to use hardware virtualization, then it needs it. You will need to enable it in the BIOS of the host computer. How you do that depends on what version of what BIOS your motherboard uses.
help plz my doesnt need it and when i uncheck it virtualbox doesnt let me press ok
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Problem with hardware virtualization in Acceleration software

Post by scottgus1 »

GGamer2042, please see Minimum Info Needed for Assistance, and start a new topic with your information. Turn off Twitter mode when in your new topic.

Also, if you are running VirtualBox 6.1.0, know that Version 6.1.x requires hardware virtualization (VT-x , AMD-V) for all guests now. You will need to stay on 6.0.x or earlier if your PC doesn't have hardware virtualization.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Invalid settings about hardware acceleration in system

Post by socratis »

Posts split/merged from a couple of threads, new topic started.

@'GGamer2042'
If your VM Settings are greyed-out, then you should have a warning at the bottom of the screen. If you hover over with the mouse, you'll get more details about the error.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.