Guest has terminated unexpectedly

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
elyas

Guest has terminated unexpectedly

Post by elyas »

Hello
when I run any host Guest I faced error message tell me that the host Guest has terminated unexpectedly , I re-installed the VirtualBox and it's working properly . when I run it again on the second day the same issue is appear and delete and reinstallation .

the error message :
The virtual machine 'Win7' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1). More details may be available in 'D:\E\VirtualBox VMs\Win7\Logs\VBoxHardening.log'.
[ModEdit; Replaced "host" with "Guest". It's the Guest that terminates, not the Host]
Last edited by socratis on 9. Dec 2019, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed typo.
multiOS
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: WIN11,10, 7, Linux (various)

Re: Guest has terminated unexpectedly

Post by multiOS »

Then it's the VBoxHardening Log that's required for analysis/help.

Find it, compact (Zip) it; and then attach the the file to your response, using the 'upload attachment tab.
elyas

Post by elyas »

mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Please attach logs locally using the "upload attachment" tab. Zip them first.

Few of us will click on offsite links, nor do we much enjoy having to stitch fragmented logs back together.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

'elyas', I believe the instruction from 'multiOS' were pretty clear, no? ZIP the log and attach it locally.

I changed the thread's title from "host has terminated unexpectedly" to "Guest has terminated unexpectedly". It's your Guest, your VM, that crashes, not your Host.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
elyas

Post by elyas »

find the 7 zip log file
Attachments
.VirtualBox.7z
the log
(4.99 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
elyas

Post by elyas »

The issue with all guest even I create new guest after I boot to install the error message appeared
the VBoxHardening log
Attachments
VBoxHardening.7z
VBoxHardening log
(10.01 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

A small sample of what the hardening log contains.
33f8.23f4: supR3HardenedScreenImage/LdrLoadDll: cache hit (Unknown Status -23021 (0xffffa613)) on \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files\HP\HP ProtectTools Security Manager\Bin\DpOFeedb.dll [lacks WinVerifyTrust]
33f8.23f4: supR3HardenedScreenImage/LdrLoadDll: cache hit (Unknown Status -23021 (0xffffa613)) on \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files\HP\HP ProtectTools Security Manager\Bin\DpOFeedb.dll [lacks WinVerifyTrust]
33f8.23f4: supR3HardenedScreenImage/LdrLoadDll: cache hit (Unknown Status -23021 (0xffffa613)) on \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files\HP\HP ProtectTools Security
The next step seems clear to me: ditch the bloatware.
elyas

Post by elyas »

I have installed another Virtualization SW , everything is ok , but I preferer the VBOX