Internal Network's virtual switch

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
wojtekClimber

Internal Network's virtual switch

Post by wojtekClimber »

Hello,

I've encountered an issue in my envioronment using internal network. I've got two vms connected to the internal network. One of the vms has linux bridge running. This bridge has vms internal network interface connected and interface of linux namespace connected. Both second vm and namespace Have addresses from same subnet. When I send ping either from namespace to vm or vice versa, arp requests are being forwarded via internal network but replays dont. I see that vm or namespace are replaying on tcpdump but The replays are not forwarded cia intnet . Can someone explain how internal network's vswitch works ?.
PS. This happens on Both linux nad Windows hosts. I've got firewall stopped on Both guest oses.

Thank you in advance,
Wojtek
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Internal Network's virtual switch

Post by socratis »

wojtekClimber wrote:One of the vms has linux bridge running
Linux Bridge? What exactly is that?
wojtekClimber wrote:and interface of linux namespace connected
Linux namespace? What exactly is that?

Can you explain your network setup a bit better? Or even draw a picture of it?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
wojtekClimber

Post by wojtekClimber »

I'm sorry for confusement. Attaching environment architecture sketch
Attachments
Screenshot from 2019-10-29 09-27-23.png
Screenshot from 2019-10-29 09-27-23.png (30.43 KiB) Viewed 1336 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Thank you for the graphic representation, but this is definitely not something I'm familiar with, I'll let someone else handle it...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
wojtekClimber

Post by wojtekClimber »

I understand, thank You anyway
wojtekClimber

Post by wojtekClimber »

Okay, after some reaserch and tries i think that it might be CentOS issue, more specific, 3.10 kernel issue. I found a comment below post about similar issue saying that upgrade to 4.4 kernel caused environment to work properly. I will try to take similar steps and see if it helps.